Wednesday 7 January 2015

#I'veGotYouCovered


#ElleUKJanuary2015

Kim Kardashian West stars on the January issue of Elle Uk an edition that is devoted to confidence.

Elle Uk Editor on why she chose Kim for the January issue: As we put this Confidence Issue together and news of Kim Kardashian West’s place on its cover was leaked, I noted some people questioning our choice, querying Kim’s credentials as a successful woman and ours as a feminist magazine. I wish women would not judge other women in this critical way. Everyone is entitled to their opinion; but for me, Kim’s success should be applauded, not sneered at or, indeed, denigrated. She is the perfect face for an issue devoted to self-belief. She has built a staggeringly influential business empire and inspired many young women to be more confident about their bodies. And let us remember, no one woman can embody all the hopes, beliefs and ideals of everywoman.



"It’s taken me a long time to be happy with my body and for my confidence to grow to what it is today," she admits. "I grew up when the body to have was the tall, slim, supermodel one, like Cindy Crawford’s. No one looked like me. It’s good to break the mould and recreate one.
"I’m an Armenian girl, I have shape, and it turned out people liked that. That makes me feel good about myself and about other women for being so supportive. I am a confident woman, but I didn’t just arrive confident – it has built over the years and that is a big part of who I am now."


"When I was 13 my father wrote me a letter. I was unhappy with my body – I developed really early. Every night I would sit in the bath and cry, I prayed my boobs would stop growing. He told me I had a body not many girls have, that later it would lead to attention from men, but that the most important thing was that I was a wonderful girl and I had to understand myself worth."


On her sister Kendal: "I think she will be a huge star. I definitely think she will be bigger than I have ever been."

On extending her family: “I want a boy and another girl; I want it to start happening straight away. I loved being part of a huge family – and I want that for North. We’d do IVF if nothing happens, but we both want to keep trying naturally.
"A few years ago I was told I could never get pregnant. Three different doctors told me the same thing, which is why I wanted to have my eggs frozen. I was just about to do that when I found out I was pregnant with North.

#ElleItalyJanuary2015
Actress Diane Kruger is back in the spotlight for January 2015 cover story from Elle Italia. The star of “The Bridge” poses for Dan Martensen in a sunny photo shoot featuring relaxed fashions. Stylist Eva Geraldine Fontanelli makes sure Diane looks casual with flair featuring the designs of Missoni, Tory Burch, Dolce & Gabbana and others.











No comments:

Post a Comment