Tuesday 13 January 2015

SHOPAHOLIC ON A BUDGET



This year I didn’t make New Year’s resolutions, every day is a new fresh start for me. The plan this year is to stay on top of things and look great.


”Get up, dress up, show up and never give up”


Like many, I start every year deciding to “spend less” and I have learnt this is an overly generalised way to cut costs and has minimal impact because it lacks specificity. To get my finances in shape, I have started a budget book to stay on top of my expenses. It is annoying sometimes to constantly have to think about how much I spend, instant gratification and trying to keep up with friends might seem important at this stage but it comes at a price.
I’ve always thought of budgets as deprivation but I’ve learnt to create one that I’m sure I can stick to, on that is about organisation and spending wisely.


I feel like a failure! I’ve been shopping for 20 years and still have nothing to wear


About the “looking great” part of the 2015 plan, I’ve joined the gym and trying not to lose this whole “stay in control of my money” plot, I’ve found a way to get my wardrobe organised too.


You can live within your means and still have an imagination



With my 50/20/20/10 budgeting formula; 50% is for my essentials (rent, groceries etc) 20% is for my futures (savings) 20% is for my lifestyle (which is mainly shopping) 10% is my tithe. I stick to my fixed monthly lifestyle allowance, if I exceed it I correct it the next month (let’s be realistic some of the best buys have been nothing short of miraculous finds).
So go through your closet and identify the clothing and accessories that you need, record these items below.


“Buy what you don’t have yet, or what you really want, which can be mixed with what you already own. Buy only because something excites you, not just for the simple act of shopping.”
Karl Lagerfeld


Deciding how to spend your allowance, debt and guilt free is about what gives you the most pleasure.


You can acquire the things you need with the money that you have.


No comments:

Post a Comment