Wednesday 7 January 2015

#I'veGotYouCovered



#GQJanuary2015


Chris Hemsworth covers January 2015 issue of GQ magazine photographer by Sebastian Kim




On getting partying out of his system before getting to Hollywood: “The fame, the parties, the women—I did that stuff back home. I got away with a lot more over there. Then I came here and sort of started over.”

Jacket, shirt and Jeans by Polo Ralph Lauren/ Vintage boots by the Frye Company/ Socks by Wigman




On how older brother Luke helped save his career: “Back when I was still on the soap, I became incredibly insecure and full of anxiety because I didn’t know if I was any good. I spent years being angsty, constantly telling people I wasn’t just part of a soap opera, that I was a real artist. And I remember Luke sort of snapping, telling me to shut up, that he was sick of hearing it.”




On his drink of choice: “Vodka- soda. I was out in Australia recently and someone was like ‘Please tell me when you want a real drink.’ I was like, just ‘oh just, shut up. Really?”

On doing more comedy: “I haven’t been that nervous in a long time,” he says. “But very quickly I realized, this is fun. There was no ego. Every day we’d be on set, laughing. I’m like, ‘Are you kidding me? Why wouldn’t I do more of this?”

On being protective of younger brother Liam: “I’ve watched Liam do things I did at his age, like being in relationships he shouldn’t be in, or being reckless just to prove a point. And I had no empathy. My mom had to remind me I was the same way.”




 

Vest and pants by Giorgio  Armani/ Shirt by Armani Jeans/ belt by John Varvatos/ watch by Panerai






#Men’sFitnessJanuary2015



Liam Hemsworth Men’s Fitness magazine photographed by Peter Yang.
On the December cover of Men’s Fitness, Liam Hemsworth is flexing his bulging triceps in a fitted white T-shirt. There’s no question that the Hunger Games actor is built like an action hero. But he has no stories of tireless sessions in the gym, and no trainer barking him through interval workouts.

In fact, the Australia-born Hemsworth doesn’t fancy himself a gym rat at all. “I generally don’t do much,” he admits in his Men’s Fitness cover story. “I don’t lift weights. I do some body-weight stuff, some high-intensity training, but mostly it’s just boxing.”
The actor also doesn’t use a nutritionist, and admits that he eats like a binging teenager when he’s not working.
“I love junk food,” he says. “I gain weight. My brother Chris will be like, ‘What’s up with you, dude?’ I can see it in your face.’
That’s what’s so weird about this job: When you know you’re not working for another couple months, what stops you from just drinking and eating everything?
 






On growing up in Australia and Surf : “I grew up on a little island off the coast of Melbourne—a small town, maybe 7,000 people,” he says. “Surfed before school, after school, competitively. We even had surfing as a subject.” He still rides the waves as often as he can. Got out this morning, in fact, and also braved last week’s hurricane-size swells, the biggest L.A. has seen in decades. “I had a good surf last week,” he says. “Smashed my head on a rock.” And that is about as much braggadocio as you’ll get from Hemsworth. “Funny, we get swells like that a lot in Australia, but you wouldn’t have hundreds of people and news reporters on the beach talking about how crazy it is.”


Hemsworth meditates regularly and practices living in the moment.
“Tomorrow doesn’t exist, yesterday is gone,” he says. “The more I remind myself of that, the stronger I feel.”





No comments:

Post a Comment