Monday 28 September 2015

ABOUT SHADES OF COOL....





Clothing is proof that humans can do magic…. I love to create and write about fashion. My name is David Ndumba and I am a writer. I always knew that I wanted to write, I knew that I wanted to write Intense things- write until I’d written myself new shoes, new friends and a new life but what I didn’t know about was what I wanted to write about intensely or how to write about it. I had no subject, I had no subjectivity I was just a bundle of Sprawling words.

Earlier this year I tried my hand at blogging, I wrote about the one thing that I really known about; Fashion. I wrote about fashion magazines, reported on celebrity fashion and fashion industry news but they were bloggers who did this better than I, I knew I had to calm a legitimate place for myself, inject a little magic that’s mine and mine alone.

Like sex and the city, I was convinced that the blog should somehow be about me and my friends- a blog that we needed to read, a blog that would help fashion students (both in fashion school and as Beyonce sang“schooling life”) and graduates trying to break into the fashion industry. A blog that would empower, inspire and entertain- in addition to providing industry news and interviews.



My friends and I spend hours discussing our fears, whom and what we admire and what we aspire to, I came to a conclusion that to keep sane I had to start a space that answered our burning questions,  eased our frustration and fears and reminded us of the beauty of the fashion industry.

Shades Of cool… is a space that celebrates everything fashion, conceived to showcase the artiste behind the things we love, their stories and creations. I hope this blog brings you a great deal of happy feelings and that you enjoy each discovery as much as I do.

Images shot by Chris Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment