Monday 28 September 2015

24 HOURS WITH LORINDA VOGES




From a young age Lorinda had a love for media and the industry, in fact during high school, Lorinda was the head prefect of media and ran a school magazine at the age of 12.

Her professional career in this industry started in 2001 when she started working as the marketing and brand manager for Café Vacca Matta in Cape Town. Alongside with Sergio Zurini, they successfully opened 4 Café Vacca Matta branches in South Africa during a 2 year period. Soon after that she joined Fashion TV South Africa, where she was appointed as their national brand manager. 

Opening up 11 branches in 2 years and working alongside Michal Adam, the CEO of FTV International, Lorinda was able to take the FTV to new heights in Africa. However, Lorinda’s independent soul and spirit always steered her to one day start her own company. 

In 2011 she listed a number of things she was passionate about in the industry she worked in and narrowed it down to only four, which ultimately led her to start her own company called 4Elementsmedia.

4Elementsmedia is an integrated brand awareness company whose mission is to build brands passionately and effectively in South Africa and offers brand awareness and public relations services for celebrities, fashion, beauty, luxury brand, along with high profile event PR and management, social media and online services for nationwide publicity. From conceptualizing, creating and throwing the most exciting buzz among the Media and Public, 4Elementsmedia does it all.

Lorinda takes every project as a challenge to grow, motivate and deliver great value to her clients. One of the projects that stood out for her was the launch event of Tommy Hilfiger in South Africa in 2013; it triggered a newfound passion in event management and PR for her. Not long after, Lorinda found herself getting approached by international brands for her notable skills in event management and launches.

06:45  The latest I will wake up during the week. I live in an apartment in Green point, Cape Town and a lot of light comes in, so I cannot sleep late. The first thing I normally see is the view of the Waterfront harbor area as well as Green point stadium, a view I can never get used to. If I do not wake up at my own place, it is normally at my boyfriend,Gianmarco’s house in Newlands.



07:00  The first thing I do after I wake up is having Nespresso whilst going through social media and reading the news in bed.

07:30  I shower and start getting ready. During the day I do not wear much make up. I normally mix my Clarins Everlasting Foundation SPF15 with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, apply a bit of MAC 3d Mascara, brush my eyebrows and add a tint of MAC blush on my cheeks. I don’t take long to get ready, normally a max of 10-20 minutes. If I don’t have meetings, I love to dress it down. Since I moved to Cape Town, my style changed tremendously. I love sneakers and sneaker culture. I have around 10 pairs of Nike and Adidas sneakers and usually three of the same style, so I will mix it up with either a pair of Adidas leggings or Jeans a T-shirt and jacket.


08:00  Since it is Wednesday and I will work from home, I load washing into the washing machine while I have breakfast. Normally a mixture of either Egg White omelets, Herbal Protein Shake or Oats whilst I read through all my emails and prepare the day in my head.

08:30  I am proud to say that 99% of the times, I start my day before 9am. I love being organized and get things done.



09:00  My domestic worker Nancy arrives with my second cup of coffee. A grande Americano, black with no milk from Woolworth's. My preferred mode of communication is silence on admin days. I get probably 200-plus e-mails and more than 100 texts a day, but I’m adamant about responding on time if I can. I hate being on the phone though and very thankful that most of the time I can iMessage my clients and PR Assistant if things need immediate attention.

Currently my main focus is managing 2 events as well as doing brand awareness for our corporate and celebrity clientele.

12:00  I will either have a protein shake, or avo on wheat free cracker breads for lunch at my desk whilst I work. 

14:00  I start wrapping up things for the day as I need to head over to Newlands for Sushi night with Gianmarco and his son Matteo. It is a Wednesday night ritual for us. We normally have sushi from Nuri Sushi in Cape Town, they truly have the best sushi in town and even have rice-free sushi, perfect for when we are eating healthier.



Lorinda’s boyfriend, Gianmarco.

15:00  I head over to Newlands in Uber to miss peak traffic, it is also a great opportunity to catch up on messages, personal emails and social media. For the rest of the day I continue working from Gianmarco’s place until he arrives home with Matteo.

18:00  Matteo and I start prepping dinner. For some reason it became our thing where he will prepare the soya sauce and wasabi and we will set up dinner together whilst dad relaxes. The three of us normally have dinner around the TV table while we watch some sort of reality program like America’s Got Talent, The Voice or Idols.



20:30  Matteo goes to bed around 20h00, and is asleep by 20h30 and that’s normally the time Gianmarco and I catch up on our day and unwind. To unwind we normally retire watching series, like Suits or a movie



22:00  I usually shower before bed as I find it relaxes me and makes me fall asleep easier. I always put my hair up and use Clarins products to wash my face off, and I apply Clarins Serums and night creams to moisturize my face. I go to bed around 10, 11 at the latest. I always fall right to sleep. I'm usually so tired, I just pass out.




Follow Lorinda Voges  on Twitter/Instagram: @LorindasWorld  @4elementsmedia  Facebook: 4ElementsMedia

Images supplied by Lorinda Voges

1 comment:

  1. Mbl-Group-International Providing is a Marketing Services for Celebrities, Marketing Services celebrities Advertising and Styling for Leading A-list Celebrities specialize in Full Services for A-list Celebrities.

    Marketing Services Celebrities Advertising

    ReplyDelete